Saturday, October 30, 2010

Under bonnet clean up

Another update (wait, it hasn't been six months yet?). Got a bit more done last weekend, and the engine bay is starting to look half decent. I figured this needs to be cleaned up in case someone opens the bonnet at a show and shine. Shocked

This is what I started with 5 years ago:


I did some painting to improve the look a bit, but I've never been happy with the dual fuel snorkel and all the extra plumbing:


Before the Albury run I removed most of the LPG, however the electric fuel pump and a lot of the wiring was still there.


I've finally managed to clean it up, put a mechanical fuel pump in and get the thing looking half decent:


A couple of you may recognise the replacement washer bottle / radiator overflow. The standard WB unit is a huge plastic thing. Functional, but hardly pretty.

That's probably all I'll do for now, as there are that many holes in the inner guards I'll replace the guards and hide the wiring when I paint the car.

No comments: